Thursday, January 20, 2011

ArtFest for Flood Victims

So of course I tend to never stop, so now that the work part with Artmaze is done and it opens shortly to everyone, I have drowned myself in a new project.

This time, much like my hunts, I have decided to run my own thing and make it a mammoth task (why go small when you can dive in and totally drown yourself). And no, as I wrote that bit I did not even think about the connection to this event and if it was an appropriate saying.

So the next big thing is a huge fundraiser for the flood victims around the world. And I say around the world, as even though I am in Australia, and the floods in Queensland are devistating everyone, there are other current floods that are just as bad or worse. So this event is for Australia, Brazil, and Sri lanka. I don't know about anyone else, but when I see footage of a dead elephant stuck up in a tree from where the water had carried it, people sitting on their roofs with no other sign there is a house beneath them under the muddy water, or hear of all the people swept away or buried, my heart aches.

I can't do a heck of a lot, but I know I can pull something together that people will enjoy and hopefully it will help raise a little money for a good cause. The money raised will go to the Red Cross, since they are one of the few organisations I know of that work all around the world helping out in disaster zones, without religious overtones. With the current problems around right now I encourage all to donate to some group that you know is helping in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment